Images are most important part of your blog to keep your readers happy and getting some good traffic. We already discussed Why webmasters prefer using Images in their web blogs. Its a known fact that Google has started ranking websites and blogs based on the page loading speed and images plays a great role in increasing or decreasing page load time.
In this post we will discuss about how to compress and resize any images with tools and softwares and of course, Image compression and resizing that will help you to optimize your blog or website for better speed.
If your website or blog contains too much images, then these images need to be compressed so as to optimize site load time. There are many tools for Image editing like- Photoshop, Bluebox, Photoscape, MS paint and many more. These tools are good to edit photos but these are not efficient to Compress Images. Because, if you compress Images with these tools, then the quality of compressed images will be lost. While compressing any Image, keep one thing in mind that its quality must be at-least 75% of the original Image.
The tool which I recommend for Image Compression is Advanced JPEG Compressor 2012. This is the best tool for compression I ever used. This tool is shareware, but you can download a full version through torrent freely.
Below are two Images, One is Original Image and other is compressed with Advanced JPEG Compressor. You can compare both images size and quality.
As you can see that the quality of both the images is almost same. but there is great difference in their Image size. Now, in the following section, We are covering some of the amazing features bundled with this small but great tool.
Features in Advanced Image Compressor 2012:
- Its interface is Good and easy to use.
- It shows resulting image simultaneously.
- The tool is Also a good image editor.
- Many advanced image editing features like-watermark, crop, remove red eye, color enhancement, brightness, contrast setting and many more.
- Image correction tool.
- Different compression modes
- Mail images direct from the tool and many more features
How to use Advanced Image Compressor 2012:
- Open the tool.
- Go to file -> Open
- Select your Image file to Compress or edit, Click OK.
- Now in tools window, It shows you both source image and resulted compressed image with details.
- You can select less or more compression level by the compression level section.
- You can use other great features as your creativity and need.