What’s your DNA? When a word like “DNA” gets associated with a smartphone the aesthetic value of the phone aggrandize many folds. Howbeit, if one can’t live up to the name and deliver what it promised, it can be lamentable. Fortunately, the HTC Droid DNA does justice to its nomenclature and today we get our hands on the latest sensation from HTC. The Droid DNA!
HTC Droid DNA Salient Features
- The HTC Droid DNA is an awe-inspiringly designed smartphone. Undoubtedly the best offering from HTC in quite some time. It is a futuristic 5 incher, sporting a sharp 1080p resolution.
- The Droid DNA is feather weight at barely 142 grams.
- This smartphone is powered with all the goodness of the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad Core processor with a 16GB internal memory; however the lack of an SD card slot is a real turn-off.
- It is empowered with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS, which makes it all the more desirable and gives you the power to do a lot more.
- DNA boasts of an excellent 8-megapixel primary camera, with LED Flash and 2-megapixel front facing camera optimized for low light environments.
- To the rear the DNA is comforted with a soft touch surface endowed from supreme quality polycarbonate.
HTC DNA Tech Specs
- Mobile Networks: 4G-LTE, EDGE/ GPRS, Wi-Fi and Mobile Hotspot app
- Physical size details: Its dimensions are 141 x 70.5 x 9.7 mm (5.55 x 2.78 x 0.38 in)
- Weigh: 5Oz or 142 grams (approx.)
- Screen: 1920x1080, 5-inch superior touch.
- Camera: f/2.0 lens, 8 megapixel primary camera with LED Flash and 2 megapixel front facing camera.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad Core processor
- Memory: 2048 MB (2 GB)
- Internal Memory: 16GB
- Memory Card: NA
- Wireless Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, 4G-LTE , NFC
- Mobile OS: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- GPS: Yes
- Color: Black
- Battery: A mere 2,020 mAH non-removable battery. With standby time anywhere between 5.5 – 6 hours.
Final Word for DNAFinally, a complete package from HTC. Well, we don’t deny that HTC has certainly given us phones with superior technology and twist. But somehow it just wasn’t there! The HTC Droid DNA packs a punch with cutting edge technology and hands down, impressive looks. HTC claims that it transforms into 440 pixels per inch and if we are to believe them , this “super-phone” is going to redefine handheld experience! However, HTC could have certainly worked upon the battery since it is going to compete with the likes of Samsung, who have set a benchmark in the mass mobile market. Add to that, the lack of an SD card slot, if 16GB is just not enough for you!
All in all, thumbs up to the HTC Droid DNA.
HTC Droid DNA Release DateHTC has already started accepting pre-orders at various online stores and would officially ship by 21st November 2012. HTC is all set to spice up this festive season!
Pricing in India: The price tag looks pretty competitive at Rs. 10931.